Are you concerned that your back pain will worsen in the midst of the COVID-19 fallout? Are you frustrated doing stretches and exercises on your own that offer minimal relief? Is persistent pain and discomfort characterizing your quarantined life or keep you from resting comfortably at night. Are you worried this pain may cause you to miss activities like tennis and golf, family adventures, lifting weights, or quality time with your little ones once the virus is behind us?
During these unprecedented times, active adults in Greenville are still suffering from back pain on a daily basis. However, most don’t have unbearable pain. Instead, they quietly suffer from a low-grade but persistent pain in their backs — along with the added worry that one day, the pain will get worse and cause them to permanently forgo their active lifestyle with friends and loved ones.
And they are probably right. Over time, minor problems can lead to more significant problems. Unfortunately, these otherwise healthy and strong adults are often told to “slow down” and advised to ignore their symptoms or mask their pain with medications.
If you’ve experienced back pain like this, you have a growing problem that won’t go away on its own. Furthermore, the more sedentary you are, the worse this back pain will become.
A few tips:
- Move every 30-minutes. We realize many people are working from home and may be even more sedentary than they were in the office. It is important to take frequent movement breaks to get blood flow and activation to your muscles.
- Reverse your posture. If you’re sitting all day in a slumped position, this posiiton will wreak havoc on your spine. Be sure to take some time to place your spine in the opposite position.
- Do some additional gluteal (buttock) exercises. If you’re sitting for long periods of time, the gluteal muscles will atrophy (shrink) and become inactive. It’s important to do supplemental gluteal work if you find yourself sitting for a significant portion of the day.
If you find that you need more help and you’re hoping to be active again, we’re offering a solution that could save you time, money, stress, and, most importantly, your active lifestyle.
We’re offering Free Telehealth Consultations so people have an opportunity to make tangible steps towards overcoming their back pain while they may feel confined to their home. Telehealth consultations use the video feature of your mobile phone, tablet, to make in-home physical therapy sessions a seamless part of your life.
Every day, we’re still working with active adults in Greenville to develop plans of treatment to achieve lasting back pain relief through better movement and increased strength.
If concerns about back pain are causing you stress and you’re ready for a clear path forward that doesn’t include pain medication, doctor visits, or leaving your home/office, I invite you to a free Telehealth consultation with us at Movement Solutions.
This month, Movement Solutions is offering a limited number of Free Telehealth Consultations for people just like you. This 30-minute appointment will help you make sure we’re the right fit for treating your back pain. These appointments are only for those who are interested in getting this pain behind them.
Our Telehealth Consultation has one purpose: to help active people in the Greenville area, make an educated and informed decision about their health.
Your free Telehealth Consultation will include:
- A chance for you to ask questions about your back pain,
- An opportunity for you to gain clarity about your condition, and
- A time for us to foster confidence that we can help you.
We want you to feel strong and confident in your morning commute, at sporting events, or most importantly, relaxing with your family — all without the worry that your back pain will get worse. If you’ve tried massage, chiropractic, or traditional physical therapy with limited results, I’d love to talk with you.
What to do next?
- Call our clinic at 864-558-7346 to check our Telehealth consultation availability.
- If you reach our voicemail, leave us a message, and we will be in touch, or
- Visit movementsolutions-sc.com/telehealth and request your appointment online
As a reminder, Free Telehealth Consultations are offered in limited numbers this month. Don’t let your condition worsen when there’s a solution. Call us now at 864-558-7386.