With recent news and announcements around the coronavirus, we understand you have questions and concerns. And you're also probably thinking... could anything actually be worse right now than getting COVID-19??
Well... I can think one thing... and that's being stuck at home or quarantined while ALSO suffering from debilitating neck, shoulder, back, or knee pain!
A few updates from Movement Solutions:
- We’re not closing - we’ve got too many people that rely on us!!
- Our facility, Alliance Champions Training Center, has gone to great lengths to keep the gym as clean and safe as possible.
- Our clients NEED us - and we’re not about to let you down… 👍🏻
- Some of the conversations with clients the past week went along the lines of “I make so much progress here week after week, I don’t know what I’m going to do if I can’t come in…”
- WE GOT YOU 💪🏼💪🏼 We’re actually all hands on deck and are opening up EXTRA spots next week for people who need to get in. Many of you are stuck at home right now because of work, travel, or school cancellations 💥 now is the PERFECT time to give your body some extra care and love and get those extra sessions in 💥 because you can! Call us and book your sessions before they’re all gone ☎️
- Neck, shoulder, back pain and knee pain still go on 😣 with our without the coronavirus. For many of our clients - having to suffer at home with horrible back, neck, knee, or hip pain is an even worse situation for you… so we’re making every possible effort to stay open, be super-clean, and help you feel confident that we are a safe place to retreat to… away from all the chaos outside 💆♂️ 💆♀️
- “This is my happy place!” —> Quote from one of our clients this past week 🤗
- Your health - and the health of our team members - is our TOP priority always. Please know that we are monitoring the situation very closely and abiding by ALL recommended guidelines from the CDC and WHO ✋ NOT the news or social media.
We know this situation has people nervous because of so much uncertainty. The BEST thing you can do is try to keep as normal a routine as possible 👏 until you can’t. Staying active, healthy and mobile is a GOOD thing and helps to decrease your stress. Increased stress compromises your immune system - and puts you at a greater risk to get any kind of illness - not just the coronavirus 🤔
If you’re feeling ill 😷 stay home. But heck - if you feel normal - and you’re leaving your house each day to go about regular errands anyway - then TAKE ADVANTAGE of this forced time at home and away from normal obligations to come in! Get your PT on 🙌
I hear from so many of you that you just don’t have time to take care of yourself - to take care of that back or neck pain that’s been nagging you for years… well, DO IT NOW - and make the best out of this scenario!! 💪🏼
Stay tuned for some special programs we are working on behind the scenes to get you all through this👌
In the meantime… take a deep breath...
Let me share with you everything we are doing on our end - as well as things you can do on your end - to boost your immune system and ensure your health and safety.
All so that you can feel safe and confident about keeping and scheduling appointments 🙂
WAYS TO HELP KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHY AND BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM:
• Get lots of rest and drink plenty of water.
• Eat a healthy diet rich in antioxidants (fruits, vegetables, legumes, leafy greens, dark chocolate, nuts…)
• Continue or begin an exercise program. (don't stop strength training!)
• Reduce your stress through exercise and meditation.
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water. This is one of the BEST ways we protect ourselves from the spread of germs—it will help protect you, too! Remember to clean the ‘webs’ between fingers and thumbs and wash for at least 20 seconds (we recommend singing "Happy Birthday" twice through)
• Don’t have access to soap and water? Use hand sanitizers.
• Avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose or mouth, with your hands.
• When you or your loved ones are sick—stay home from work and school to prevent infecting others.
• Sneezing into tissues or your elbow are great ways to minimize the spread of germs. Always wash your hands with soap and water after you sneeze.
• Unless you are in the healthcare profession or caring for an ill family member or friend, always try to avoid others who are sick.
• Stay informed. The CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) are updating their sites with the latest information.
WHAT WE ARE DOING AT MOVEMENT SOLUTIONS TO STAY CLEAN AND SAFE:
• Closely monitoring the situation and taking action. We're following updates on COVID-19, including guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials. We'll continue to take actions necessary to help protect you and our community.
• Wiping down tables, equipment, and mats with disinfectant/cleaner after every use
• Clorox wipes available in the office and studio so that people can be more comfortable with having control over making sure everything is wiped to their comfort level
• Hand sanitizer available throughout the gym
• Using lots of bleach and disinfectants regularly in the office as a whole, and are cleaning more frequently than we usually do
• Wiping down doorknobs, counters, surfaces, and light switches regularly
• Taking extra good care of our own health - to keep you safe
We are still working out the technicalities of this, but if you have any major concerns about leaving your home we've got options for you. We DON'T WANT you to have to miss your appointments or sessions. I know that you look forward to your sessions, and rely on them to keep yourself active, healthy, and mobile.
• For all physical therapy appointments: In almost all cases, we can make your appointment or session virtual - so if you are curious about this option and want to utilize it - call our office or reply back to this email and we'll sort it out for you 🙂
TIPS FOR STAYING CALM:
• One of the best ways to keep yourself calm is by staying informed and knowing the facts.
• Don't rely on social media or the news for all of your information.
• Remember that most cases are mild and people are recovering.
• There are only certain segments of the population that are considered high-risk.
QUICK RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE HAND SANITIZER
If you're finding it impossible to get commercial hand sanitizer - here is a recipe to make your own at home:
Equipment / Tools:
• Bowl and spoon
• Bottle with a pump dispenser
• 2/3 cup 99 percent rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or ethanol
• 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
• 8 to 10 drops essential oil, optional, popular oils include thyme and clove oil as they have antimicrobial properties (If you want to purchase essential oils from us - let us know! We can get them for you)
• Make sure you have your rubbing alcohol, aloe vera gel, and optional essential oils ready and measured out.
• Add all ingredients together in your bowl and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
• Using the funnel, carefully pour your DIY hand sanitizer into the bottle of your choice, screw the top of your bottle on tight, and begin using.
I'm hoping all of this information helps - and reminds you that we've always got your back and thinking of you first 🙂